I finished this week's spread a few days ago. For the right page, I used many of my left over pieces from the retreat rather than throw them away.
I love Frida Kahlo and had this one image left, as well as the little papel picado banner. The green rick rack was the final piece of a spool and I thought it worked perfectly on the edge.
I kept track of the steps I used in making the background.
1. Yellow and pink acrylic paints spread with gift card (like left page)
2. Loose, scribbly writing in pencil (almost totally obscured by end)
3. White paint applied with finger
4. Stamped circles and flowers with red Archival ink
5. Numbers stamped with black Archival ink
6. Texture paste through punchinella
7. Watercolor crayons (red and orange) scribbled here and there
8. Yellow and black paint splatters
9. Black paint marks with paintbrush
10. Collaged paper pieces
11. Adhered rick rack, banner and letter stickers
I really enjoyed doing this page. I love that I was able to use up some scraps.