"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, July 27, 2017

"True Colors" Round Robin - White/creams, Aqua and Green



I've finished the third book in my small group's "True Colors" round robin. Each of us chose a color scheme and we are mailing the books around so everyone gets to work in each book.

The color scheme for this book is whites, creams, aqua and green. The book was handmade with 7" x 9" watercolor paper signatures. Each participant is to do a double spread, plus the front of the signature as a sign-in and the back of the signature. That equals four pages!  The good thing is that this was designed so each signature could be removed from the book to work on.

These are my pages. I will be mailing them out to the next on the 
list by the deadline, Aug. 1.


My double-page spread



"Front" page sign-in


"Back" page


There are many layers on these pages: collaged papers; TH tissue tape; stamping; texture paste,  crackle paste and Distress ink through stencils; Distress stains and spray ink; layered papers, doily and images; lace and cheesecloth; buttons, crocheted flowers and butterflies; clear sequins.  The photo is me when I was three years old.

I hope she likes it! I'm looking forward to my next book!


2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

OMGoodness ... Susan, these pages are my favorite from everything I've ever seen you do. LOVE the page with you - not just because it's your picture, but the whole page. Great work. Looking forward to seeing all once your friends have jumped on board.

Great work!
xo
SuZeQ

PS - sorry for the delay; just got home from Florida and have oodles of e-mails to weed through

SewPaperPaint said...

SHE likes! She likes!!! :) Wow, and one of my favorite quotes! I love how you used the image and quote and your stunning background work! Oh, now I'm getting super excited. I get your book soon. :) Hugs, Autumn