"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Can you believe that all the stores are already in full-Christmas mode? In fact, there were sales of Christmas trees the week of Halloween! Whatever happened to waiting until after Thanksgiving?

Well, I'm caught up in the fever too. Since we will be gone for the week of Thanksgiving, I decided to start preparing my December Daily book so it will be ready for Dec. 1. Last year was the first year I've done this and I have really enjoyed looking back on that traveler's notebook. At the time, you don't think you are doing much, but in retrospect there were lots of events and special moments. (It doesn't hurt that I have four little grand boys to document as well!)

This year I am going to continue in the traveler's notebook standard size ( 8.25" h x 4.25" w).  I will do one day per page.  This size is perfect for me - not too big to intimidate or be able to complete, but  big enough to document and decorate. And, if not, I can always add a tip-in.

Here is my cover:




Everything I used on the cover was from my stash except the acrylic title which I just bought at Tuesday Morning. When I saw it, I thought it would be perfect for this.  The charm dangle was given to me in a Christmas swap a few years ago and I was waiting for the perfect place to use it.



And inside front cover:



I added a pocket on the left for bits and pieces I find to add to the book. The right page is entirely made from a Michael's ad, even the borders!



December Monthly Calendar:


This calendar has mainly washi tapes and a stamped label for Christmas Day.



Back inside cover:



The main image again is cut from the Michael's ad and layered with printed paper and card stock.



My December Daily is now ready for December 1. I can't wait to start filling it with December memories!

2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

I have a feeling you're going to have to have lots of tip-ins. You are the busiest person I know and I'm sure you'll have lots to add to this darling little D.D.

Looking forward to seeing it at the end of the month!

Create memories ...
xo
SuZeQ

SewPaperPaint said...

I had hoped to make one of these this year. I love that you did a TJ this time. Your calendar page is so fun! I wish you a lovely season, Susan. Big hugs, A utumn