"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, November 11, 2017

My last spread in the Round Robin "True Colors" Altered Books Swap

I finished the last spread in the last book of the "True Colors" altered book swap several weeks ago but never got around to posting it here.  

This gal's chosen colors for her book were turquoise and grey/silver. The book was quite large - each page was about 10 inches square - so there was a lot of surface to cover! 

She is part Cherokee so I chose this beautiful Indian girl image which I printed in black and white. The background is many layers of Tim Holtz tissue wrap, washi tape, and inks and paints.  I used texture paste through a large feather stencil in the upper corners.  I also used Versamark ink smooshed randomly over the pages and heat embossed with silver embossing powder for added texture.  The die cut "dreamer" was also silver embossed.


Here is the full spread. (Unfortunately, the colors aren't true - the middle photo shows a better representation of the actual color.)





Left page (you can see the embossing powder texture here)




Right page



It was serendipitous that she came through town just as I was finishing the page so I was able to meet her for lunch and present this to her in person. Her book is now finished and is very lovely!  I am waiting for mine to be returned - can't wait to see what everyone did with my orange and hot pink color scheme!

3 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Absolutely perfect, Susan. Oh and such a wonderful thing that you got to present it to your friend in person. Love this!

I, too, can't wait to see your book. I love the orange and hot pink color scheme, too.

Have a wonderful week.
xo
SuZeQ

Linda Manning Findley said...

Lovely Susan ... the color comb is super but what you did with it is awesome ...

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh how I love this Susan! It will work perfectly in the journal. The image is amazing and I love your color variations. Such an inspiration. Hugs, Autumn