"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Journaling by 5s - Session 3

The prompts for Session 3 are to use stamps and stencils. 

To make it simpler, I limited myself to white acrylic paint and a make-up sponge for the stencils and black Archival ink for all the stamps. I gathered several favorite "texture" stamps such as script, circles, crackle and numbers and stencils in repeating patterns such as hearts, stars, harlequin, chevron, triangles and circles.

I did all the stenciling first, hoping the paint would have time to dry a bit before stamping. Then I stamped on all the pages. That worked very well and I even had extra time in this step! Using black and white created a nice contrast to all the colors and I'm even starting to like some of the pages!


Pg 1


Pg 2


Pg 3


Pg 4


Pg 5


Pg 6


Pg 7


Pg 8


Pg 9


Pg 10


Pg 11


Pg 12


Pg 13


Pg 14

(This is the page that I didn't have a photo of for Step 2. You can see I had added some magazine scraps and heart tissue paper.)


Pg 15


Pg 16


Pg 17


Pg 18


Pg 19


Pg 20



Adding focal images and words in the next session will be fun. I'm looking forward to how these pages will develop.

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Oh, Susan ... this is just fantastic. I love all of the colors. I see one page and say "THIS one is my favorite" and then I see another page and say "no, THIS one is my favorite" - and to break it down, I love them all. You've done a fabulous job. Love the colors you've chosen!

Can't wait to see the next session!

xo
SuZeQ