"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Journaling by 5s - Session 4

This session is all about adding images and words to create a focal point. I did this session the day after doing the previous three sessions. I spread out a few piles of various pictures and words I'd cut from magazines and got to work.

This session was the most time-consuming one. Really you should just grab and glue but I found myself overthinking a few times. Racing against the clock eliminates much of that though. I had one more page to do when the timer went off, so I just finished it afterwards (don't think that's too much of a cheat...).

Here are my twenty pages. They are coming along nicely.


Pg 1


Pg 2


Pg 3


Pg 4


Pg 5


Pg 6


Pg 7


Pg 8


Pg 9


Pg 10


Pg 11


Pg 12


Pg 13


Pg 14


Pg 15


Pg 16


Pg 17


Pg 18


Pg 19


Pg 20



Do you have a favorite yet? It's amazing how each layer changes the pages. The last page was my least favorite in the first two stages, but the last two sessions have changed it around to where I quite like it.

One more session to go - pen and pencil work for details.


1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... I'm having problems leaving comments on your blog. Have been for the past few days. I'm hoping this comment will "take" because. Well, because I want it to!

Page 19 is my favorite. Everything seems to just jump off the page right into my heart. It's very 3-D-ish and I'm loving that.

Looking forward to the next step!
xo
SuZeQ