"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, February 2, 2018

Online workshop journal page

It's been awhile since I've taken an online class. I always like to see how other artists approach their work and see similarities or differences from mine.  I've followed Cindy Gilstrap for awhile and when her workshops (junqueart.com) were on sale during January, I jumped at the chance to take her Dream Big "mini" workshop. 

In this workshop she takes you through the creation of one double-paged art journal spread using a vintage cabinet card image juxtaposed with bright, playful collage and paint. I loved her page and was happy that mine came out very similar. I did use different papers and stencils than she did but used some of the same paints.

Here is my finished page. I love it and will be trying more of this style incorporating vintage images.



I had so much fun that I signed up for another workshop!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Very very nice. I'm glad you incorporated your signature border (right side) though.

Keep art-ing!
xo
SuZeQ