"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Alice in Wonderland

The book I created at this year's retreat was "Alice in Wonderland." I haven't quite finished it yet as I need to bind the pages into the book and decorate the spine.

I started by gutting an actual Alice in Wonderland book (the original version illustrated by John Tenielle) and used some of the text and illustrations within my book. I also purchased a digital paper kit from etsy featuring Alice in Wonderland images and backgrounds. These backgrounds were the base of most of my pages. 

I left the cover intact and added an Alice silhouette cut on my Silhouette. I attached a flower made from heart playing cards with a dice as the center. I plan to cover the spine with black tape or painted canvas covered with a black and white diamond-patterned ribbon (the twine holding the pages now are temporary).

Cover

Inside front cover and first page

Second (with an acetate tip in) and third page (with pocket and tag)


Detail - tip-in

Left page under tip-in


Tag on right page

Pages 4-5 (using Alice bookmark and copying/reducing it twice)


Pages 6-7 (tag tip-in on left page)

Detail - flip-out tag and page underneath





Pages 8-9 (pocket on left page with two tags)




Pages 10-11 (tea bag and pocket on left page)


Pages 12-13 (left page has flip-up/swing card with four card soldiers)

Inside detail

Pages 14-15 (left page has tip-in) - large Queen is another bookmark

Tip-in opened

Pages 16-17 (rabbit is a layered die cut)


Last page - Alice on playing card flips out


Detail under card - tiny playing cards on spiral acetate to "fly out"


3 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Nope. No other words than just "WOW" ... you've outdone yourself on this one, Susan. It's just magnificent!!!!!

Great job.
xo
SuZeQ

Linda Manning Findley said...

Awesome job Susan ... knew it would be great but you really knocked it out of the park this time .... Linda

Nancy Briges said...

How creative and beautiful this book is! I know it will be a treasure for you.